After competing in 10 rounds of boxing, Nate Diaz and Jake Paul discussed a rematch in the ring.
Diaz put restrictions on that notion. But on Wednesday, the MMA champion demanded a rematch with Paul, announcing their second matchup for December 15 on a promotional poster. Soon after, he removed the Instagram post; nevertheless, as of the time of his writing, it had been reposted on both Instagram and X.
Paul and Diaz’s representatives did not immediately reply when asked for comment. “Again in December.
You have no one to fight,” Diaz penned on Instagram.
Diaz said on X, “Rematch wit this scared bitch.”
Since their bout in August, which Paul won by unanimous decision, Diaz and Paul have not engaged in any combat. However, the 7-1 fighter declared last week that he would make a comeback on December 15. He didn’t say who he was up against.
After Paul defeated Diaz, he challenged the former UFC title contender to a rematch in mixed martial arts. Diaz, a former influencer who moved to boxing, had joined with the PFL, which had reportedly offered him $10 million to fight in the Smart Cage.
Diaz said he was unable to fight properly because he hurt his arm while practicing for the Paul fight. The fight was held at 185 pounds, the biggest weight in Diaz’s professional career. Paul injured Diaz early in the bout and easily prevailed with scores of 97-92, 98-91, and 98-91.